29 October 2023

Sunday Post. Giving It One More Opportunity

Sunday Post is a meme hosted by Caffeinated Book Reviews.

I miss blogging. I miss building ties with book lovers alike. I miss knowing how everyone's week has been. Not only that, but I miss looking at beautiful book hauls. However, most of all, I miss this part of my life. Yet, life is chaotic and full of choices and surprises. Time becomes short. And, after spending the whole day looking at a computer screen, the last thing I feel is to spend more hours looking at the computer screen. So, let me give this space one more opportunity.

What has been happening in my life:

🌻 Gizmo was diagnosed with gastrointestinal lymphoma. I was caught off guard because he is so young -- and I had just lost Nina. Gizmo is a fighter, and he's still here being his cute self, even though he turns into a devil whenever he needs to take his meds. Every day with him is a blessing.
🌻 My PhD and other research activities are still taking most of my time. I realized that I will forever and always feel like an impostor, and I can't stop doubting myself. And that I will constantly engage in toxic productivity, which probably lead to burnout -- and awful presentations and essays. I need to learn how not to put so much pressure on myself.
🌻 Still about work: deadlines are killing me because they seem to fall on the same week -- or a day apart. I'm constantly afraid I won't be able to make them.
🌻 Dear reading block, how I did not miss you. The past few months have been terrible regarding reading. I do not feel like reading. Yet, reading is part of my job. You can see what kind of mess I got myself into. I probably have asked it a dozen times, but how do you overcome a reading block?
🌻 Everyone is moving to clearer and bluer skies, and Twitter (I refuse to use its new name) has become a wasteland. So, I'm very lost about who is still in the book blogging world -- and I just realized that getting an invitation and leaving Twitter is a privilege.
🌻 But not everything has been bad. If nothing happens until then, I'm travelling to London to attend the Young Adult Literature Con (YALC). Will you be there?

So, this is me in the past months. How have you been? What have you been up to? What are you currently reading
 
If you like my blog and would like to support it, you may use my Scribd referral, my Perlego referral, or buy me a coffee. You may also buy some bookish items from my RedBubble store. 
 

5 comments:

  1. I will be at YALC!!!! I'll post a selfie of what I'll wear in my IG stories on the morning. If you are on Instagram, you'll see me. Come say Hi, I'll be happy to meet other bloggers there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry to hear about Gizmo! Best of luck with that!!

    https://ustmeandmyblogreviews.blogspot.com/2023/10/the-sunday-post_0556813266.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is hard sometimes, with blogging. YALC sounds fabulous though. And good luck with Gizmo- poor thing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sending thoughts and prayers to Gizmo. I work on a computer all day so I know how hard it can be to blog at times. Have fun with YALC!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aw I am so sorry about Gizmo, I really hope that everything will be okay, sending you both good thoughts and love! I feel you with having time, it is so hard. But I also understand wanting to try to make time, which I still am able to thankfully, but it is no picnic, so I understand! Do you need a code to the Bluer place? I have one! Just DM me or something and I will get it to you. In fairness, I still use Twitter more than anything else because it *has* DMs and I hate that most other places do not. And like you said, the community is so scattered, it seems. Ugh I will never forgive You Know Who for ruining our Twitter community.

    ReplyDelete